Born Havana Cuba
A.P. Parla was a self-taught visual artist. Most of his paintings were sold through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Cuba, the Cultural Fund, The Kunst and Kosmos Gallery of Hamburg, Germany and several embassies based in Havana, Cuba.
Many of his works are in private collections or are placed in state institutions and countries such as Spain, Venezuela, Colombia, France, Belgium, Italy, Cape Verde, Germany and the United States. read more
- My encounter with Paint, 30 oil paintings (Pottery Workshop, Park Lenin, 1982, Havana, Cuba);
- Paintings Art Center - Havana, 1984
- My Tropic (Gallery "Amelia PelŠez", Lenin Park, 1987, Havana, Cuba)
- Impressions of the Tropic (CIMEQ Exhibition Hall, 1987, Havana, Cuba)
To get additional information about a painting, or to view a larger version of a painting, just click on the image.
To find out about an artist, or see additional work by an artist click on the artist's name.
Paintings marked "framed" are framed using simple gold frames unless marked otherwise. Frames shown are representative, not the exact frame. The price of the painting includes the frame. Paintings marked "unframed" will be shipped rolled. We offer custom framing on many paintings. Please allow an extra 10 days for framing. For more information go to about framing.
Lay-a-way - All paintings may be purchased on lay-a-way. A down payment of 25% (non-refundable) is required at time of purchase. For more information go to our FAQ.
Purchases come with a money-back guarantee, except as noted. See our FAQ for exceptions.
- In 1991, the Center for Cuban Studies sued the U.S. Treasury Department and won, making the importation and sale of original art from Cuba legal.