(1925 - 2010)
Born in Anse-a-Veau, Haiti
Cedor was educated at the College Beaubrun Ardouin. In 1944, he became a cabinetmaker, but seemed more interested in art. He entered at the Centre d' Art in December 1947. He joined the Art Center in 1947, working under the supervision of Rigaud Benoit who taught him the elementary principals of art. The following year served on the Centre's administrative committee, both as a teacher and member of the board of directors.
He was elected president of the Haitian Artist Association. In 1950, following a disagreement, many artists led by Rene Exume, Lucien Price, Max Pinchinat and Dieudonne Cedor left the Centre d'Art to create the Foyer des Arts Plastiques. In 1956 he, along with such notable artists as Luckner Lazard and Roland Dorcely, founded the "Galerie Brochette where he stayed until 1962. In 1957, he was named director of the museum of Beaux-Arts of Port-Au-Prince. He accepted the post and resigned 24 hours later. From 1969 to 1976, he worked at Galerie Nader in Port-Au-Prince. He executed a mural for the International Airport of Port-au-Prince in 1967. There was a permanent display of his work at the Museum of Haitian Art at St.Pierre's College in Haiti. Cedor was a professor at the Art School of the University of Haiti. Cedor is considered one of the greatest Haitian artists. He died on September 27, 2010.